Of all household appliances, a washing machine is one of the most convenient and easy to use.
But buying a good washing machine isn’t enough. You also need good plumbing in the laundry room, so it doesn’t limit what you can do and negatively impact your productivity. To learn how to install a plumbing system for a washing machine properly, read on!
Getting a washing machine can be stressful as it is exciting, particularly if you’re not sure you can correctly set it up without causing leaks. Keep these tips in mind when buying and installing a new washing machine:
1. Make sure it fits through the doorways it must pass through to get to the laundry room.
2. Using a washing machine that’s energy-efficient will save water and money. A model that has an ENERGY STAR rating is usually 10-20% more efficient than those without.
3. The capacity of the washing machine must be carefully considered. If you need to wash more often, you’ll need a washing machine with a greater capacity.
4. Consider proximity to taps and adequate drainage.
5. Don’t over-tightening the hoses, as they have rubber gaskets in them to prevent leaks. Over-tightening the hose may cause the rubber gaskets to crack or crush.
To install the plumbing system for your washer, here’s what to do, in a nutshell:
1. Shut off your water and drain the pipes. Cut the copper supply pipe and install a tee fitting. Apply flux and sweat the fitting.
2. Attach stub outs and hose bibs.
3. Assemble a utility sink, along with a faucet.
4. Run a drainpipe to the sink.
5. Install and level the washing machine. Secure the supply lines to the valves, then tighten with pliers. Secure the washer drain hose to the sink, attaching spigots using a Jubilee clip.
6. To keep exposed pipes behind your washing machine from shaking loose, secure them with a zip tie or a rope.
7. Test the washing machine after installation to make sure there are no leaks or any issues.
Get Your Plumbing Done Right the First Time! Call a Good Guy Today
If you’re not confident of your ability to set up your washing machine’s plumbing system, it’s best to leave it to professionals, who can make sure that the worst doesn’t happen.
With huge amounts of water flowing in and out, the laundry room is among the most critical plumbing areas in your home. If installing a plumbing system for your washing machine seems overwhelming, get us on board to put your mind at ease!
A Good Guy can install drains, taps, and all the plumbing needed so your washing machine operates smoothly and efficiently.
We’ll make sure the connection is done correctly, to avoid leaks and other plumbing problems in the future. Our experienced plumber can handle any washing machine issues that may come up, and perform the necessary repairs.
You can also reach out to us for other plumbing installation, repair, and maintenance services. You can quickly and easily schedule an appointment online and through our app.
COOLING & HEATING SOLUTIONS FOR THE HOME
Get The Best Heating & Cooling Solutions For A Year-Round Safe, Comfortable Home